Can't take a dump...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would think that the cap from an empty Phillips Milk of Magneasia would do the trick.

I agree with Lou - it just takes practice. There, now you've got a reason to go out and dive this weekend!

I actually took my dingle-ball off and went with a few tied knots in the string. Like others said: reach back, find the valve and THEN find the pull string.

Well, with the Cressi, I've got quite a few dives on it now. Pool, springs, and ocean. I still fumble around for it. I'll get it, though. So far, the combination of weighting the dingleballs and finding the valve first, looks like a winner. If I still have problems, then I've got the link that CIBdiving posted, bookmarked. Thank you so much, everyone. I really appreciate the help. You guys ROCK! :)

This makes me feel a little bit better since I got the Aquapro R, the pull knobs are brought to the front for easy pull.

I've always found it much more effective to LEAVE a dump rather than take one.

Fish_Whisperer:
Matt, why would I want to completely defeat one of the features of my BC?

Mandy, I like the idea of running it through a D-ring. I'll play around with it and see what I come up with.

Thanks again, everyone.

The knobs on the rear of your air cell can get caught on things. It's possible to get it wedged such that you jump in and the valve will be open the entire time dumping air continuously if you descend face first. The chest strap is also a part of your BC system that you don't need to use for example.

Not a critical item, but a personal preference for me. I cut these things off (rear deflate knob) all my buoyancy systems.

--Matt

I get the same prob sometimes with my cressi bc. I usually find where the rear dump valve is, go vertical (directly up) since the plastic thing floats, then things are all good :)

Back
Top Bottom