Cant go wrong with this!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just for the record. We normally keep two boats on the beach at Chen Rio, which can be launched and retrieved by our 4x4 trucks. We always have two boats for safety since there is no life guard over there! The purpose is to give our divers an alternative when the port is closed or to just have the opportunity for some adventure diving.

January of 2001 was the impetus for that as the port was closed 20 out of 31 days. In most cases of a norte the "normal" west side is rough but the east side can be like a lake, like it has been these last few days. Generally we provide those eastside dives for our own reserved customers but when we have a space we will take any diver who wants to go.

Anticipating this big norte we have pre positioned one of out bigger boats, the ALDORA V, on the other side as well and that gives us about double the capacity. If we had waited until the port was closed, then we could not have done so. The bottom line is that we now have additional capacity over there and for those that might miss diving completely, we can deliver some excellent choices.

Some of the members of this forum have been there and can tell you that the diving, while different, is way, way exciting as well. It is all beyond pristine and many feel it makes Cozumel one island--but two destinations.

You can get more details at Aldora Divers of Cozumel or visit our office on calle 5 (near McDonalds).

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to trips.

Dear Jen,

We took our divers out for diving the east side both Saturday and Sunday. Truly, when it seems so nasty on the westside the wind is much calmer, as are the seas on the eastside. Take a look at the photos by propjoe in the eastside thread of the non-commercial Cozumel board. Those photos were taken when the port was "closed" to all boats.

Sure the wind is cold now but the water is still warm and once out of the water we have fleece lined parkas for our divers.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I've read this thread a couple of times, and for the life of me can't figure out why it was moved to the abyss. Who did it offend? Other than the dive ops not offering east side diving I mean.

I don't think it offended anyone but it did become focused on a service offered by one dive op and therefore a mod obviously thought it belonged in the Marketplace forum.

Seems a bit random doesn't it? Just in the past 5 days of the Coz forum we have these threads:

Wyndham Reef Club and Sanddollar Dive Op

Scuba Club Cozumel Review

Blue Magic is our pick for Cozumel

Dive with Cristina

Another Great Trip with Blue Magic Scuba!

Dos Ojos Cenote Dive report 12/31/2009 (this one isn't even about Cozumel and it didn't get moved)​

Isn't the cozumel forum on a scuba site going to naturally be about dive ops in Cozumel? Not like it really matters that this one got moved, but seems odd to me.

Dear Btravlin,

So what if the service is only offered by one dive op. Isn't it that kind of innovation that raises the level service by others?

Who do you think started using inflatable markers on all dives in 1992 when no other shop did that? Who do you think started taking care of diver's equipment in 1993 when no other shop would do that? Who do you think gave out fleece lined dive parkas for cold divers in 1993? Who do you think introduced high capacity tanks to Cozumel? Who do you think made it routine to go to Punta Sur and Barracuda reefs?

That of course was Aldora Divers, and now all of you can enjoy the benefits from a plethora of your favorite dive ops. And maybe, just maybe, some of them may take our lead and figure out ways to let their divers salvage vacations when the strong nortes hit.

Dave Dillehay (in the commercial section)
Aldora Divers

Dear Btravlin,

So what if the service is only offered by one dive op. Isn't it that kind of innovation that raises the level service by others?

Who do you think started using inflatable markers on all dives in 1992 when no other shop did that? Who do you think started taking care of diver's equipment in 1993 when no other shop would do that? Who do you think gave out fleece lined dive parkas for cold divers in 1993? Who do you think introduced high capacity tanks to Cozumel? Who do you think made it routine to go to Punta Sur and Barracuda reefs?

That of course was Aldora Divers, and now all of you can enjoy the benefits from a plethora of your favorite dive ops. And maybe, just maybe, some of them may take our lead and figure out ways to let their divers salvage vacations when the strong nortes hit.

Dave Dillehay (in the commercial section)
Aldora Divers

Hi, Dave,

I'm all for innovation and all the benefits that come from it and I hope Aldora continues to lead the way with new services. I have dived with you previously and know first hand the level of service Aldora provides.

I had no problem with where this thread was located to begin with and was only trying to answer someone else's question as to why it was moved. My answer was only a guess and I'll leave it to the mod to provide the true reason for the move.

Good to hear divers are getting wet again today!

Thanks for your message back, at least someone knows how much we put into this "service thing". I don't make it a practice to beat my own drum and it is hard for a lot of people to put things in perspective. I guess most don't know how dreadfully bad the service was in 1992!

Thanks again,

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom