Cant go wrong with this!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Aldora is getting ready for the Nortes.
For those of us that have had days of diving cut you know how nasty that feels regardless of the other cool things you can do on the island. So Aldora has put together a plan that is great. Dave will make sure that he has 3 boats over on the east side; Aldora V, Hurricane and Gaviota. This will give 18 divers a shot at keeping their vacation great. Diving the east side is not marginal it is every bit as exciting as the west side.
Here is a great offer- Book the dive with a deposit, if the norte show up dive the east side. If the norte stays down a full deposit is given back. That is a very cool deal.
I have set aside a dive for the east so this is how I know. Not too often have I had the diving close for weather as I usually go in Feb. but ya never know. I want to be in line in case it does come. Thats what the deposit is for-first come first served. I have nothing to lose. If the port is closed just get to the other side. It's a little more expensive but....... dont know what to say about that.:D

Last edited:
I'm in. Or should I say. How do I get in? I did not see anything on the web site about this offer.

I'm in. Or should I say. How do I get in? I did not see anything on the web site about this offer.
Hi Randy-Just email Memo at the shop and tell them to put you on the reserve list for when you are down in Feb. The way it works is say we are diving mon, tues, wed and thurs is toast(closed port) then we go to the other side and dive. But the diver needs to be on the reserve list with a depo. I think this will be put on the site soon. Or just pm Dave about it. kev

I've had a four day Norte put a real damper on a 7 day trip, and to say we were unhappy is an understatement. It was our first Coz trip and we didn't know about Aldora diving the east side. God bless them and their determination to get us in the water regardless of mother nature, says I. I love Cozumel, but 4 days on shore is at least 3 to many for me.

Sounds great, but this doesn't make sense to me.

I am actually sitting in Cozumel right now looking out my living room window--face forlornly pressed against the rain spattered glass. (Hey Bill, I feel your pain! )
With the norte in, the port is closed today to ALL boats. So, they can not possibly take you out to the East side because the port is closed. Si?
Now, weather depending, some of the bigger boats can go out if the port authority allows it...but right now?
No Boats. Port is closed. No diving.

If I'm not mistaken, Aldora has two options for days when the port is closed. They have the 40' boat that would be cleared to go out on all but the worst days and I believe they also have 2 or 3 small boats on the beach on the east side. You might want to check it out in case there's a repeat Norte tomorrow.

If I'm not mistaken, Aldora has two options for days when the port is closed. They have the 40' boat that would be cleared to go out on all but the worst days and I believe they also have 2 or 3 small boats on the beach on the east side. You might want to check it out in case there's a repeat Norte tomorrow.

The above is true. Call Memo at the shop. This another example of why I dive with Aldora...
Windward Adventures

Sounds great, but this doesn't make sense to me.

I am actually sitting in Cozumel right now looking out my living room window--face forlornly pressed against the rain spattered glass. (Hey Bill, I feel your pain! )
With the norte in, the port is closed today to ALL boats. So, they can not possibly take you out to the East side because the port is closed. Si?
No. They have a boat that they keep on the beach over at Chen Rio which is not part of the port. If it's rough on the west side but calm on the east, they can go out.

When the port is closed to ALL boats...it is closed to ALL boats. So a 40' boat is not going to be going out either. I do believe Christi posted on this board a while back giving the different levels of warnings and what can and can't go out. But on a day like today. NADA.
A perfect example - here's my view today!
:eek:npatrol:
mid_639-61586545520A4BA7A8354A0704717489.jpg

They have a boat that they keep on the beach over at Chen Rio which is not part of the port. If it's rough on the west side but calm on the east, they can go out.
I will check it out, but I can practically guarantee that no one is going out in this mess for the next two days. This is a huge storm system hitting Mexico right now. It's snowing in Tobasco! It's supposed to drop down to about 57 degrees (14 celsius) tonight. brrrrrr

Another View -- There's a big cruise ship here somewhere!

mid_639-4F441BF3C54D48629B0D04B8370F4411.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom