Can't get laptop to recognise SL320

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robandliza

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

I've just purchased a new SL320 and before taking it on a dive I wanted to see what the on land photo quality was like. I took some testers and attached the camera to my laptop with the cable supplied but I can't find the drive anywhere

I'm using Vista, is this the problem?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

The ReefMaster Mini and ECOshot cameras are compatible with Windows operating system versions 98, 2000, ME, XP, and later, and MAC operating systems version 9.0 and higher.

For Microsoft Vista users, the computer may take 4 to 5 minutes to recognize the card. Consider using a card reader which plugs into your computer's USB. These card readers only cost about $20 and offer a convenient, reliable way to transfer images from the camera to your computer.

I have used my Reefmaster Mini with Vista, on multiple computers and had no problem.

Does that one have a straight from the camera to the laptop like most cameras? I have the DC500 and it does not; requires the docking station :( or card reader - I use the latter.

Here are card readers from $6 up, many with free shipping Card Reader, USB Card Readers, USB MicroSD Reader but select your choice well as that company does exchanges only on same models for defects.

Otherwise, I'd call your laptop manufacturer.

Once you connect it to the computer you turn it on right? Then you have to select PC.

If your putting the card directly into the PC you really shouldn't have any problems. Try a different card.

I have had the same issue. Be sure the USB connector on the camera's side is fully seated. It's a tight fit on my camera.

Thanks all....sorry to take so long to reply..been off line for a while

Problem solved as I just noticed that my laptop has an inbuilt card slot...DOH!!

Thanks all....sorry to take so long to reply..been off line for a while

Problem solved as I just noticed that my laptop has an inbuilt card slot...DOH!!
[c]:lol:[/c]
And when all else fails, find the manual. :lol2: I know that one all too well. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom