Cant Figure out the Tusa IQ 700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deich

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey yall, I just bought the Tusa IQ 700 and for the life of me cannot figure it out... Is there an on-line tutoral available? this is my first computer i was certified in '90 and have not been diving in 15+ yrs... Computers wher for the diving elite back then... anybody have anythoughts on this perticular computer?

Thanks, D

Fantastic computer made by Seiko and sold under various names by DiveRite, Zeagle, Mares and TUSA. The differences between the models are generally cosmetic with two seperate algorithms being available for use.

Here is the link for the online manual if you need it:
http://www.tusa.com/pdf/IQ-700manual.pdf

guess my question is.... Mix1 and Mix2 refers to a two gas dive... if i were to dive air the first dive then switch to nitrox 36 for the second dive i would just the mix one to 36% and the computer would calculate the ndl limit from there....

Thanks, D

guess my question is.... Mix1 and Mix2 refers to a two gas dive... if i were to dive air the first dive then switch to nitrox 36 for the second dive i would just the mix one to 36% and the computer would calculate the ndl limit from there....

Thanks, D

Yes, You should be able to change your Mix1 on the surface and the computer will automatically account for your prior dive all the way till midnight (then the mixes will go back to default if you aren't diving) or of course if you reach your max P02 or you violate a deco stop and the computer locks you out. Ive only used one of these once so someone that uses one of these on a regular basis please chime in if I'm absolutely wrong...

Thanks.... It may just be me but these directions are vague.... i guess i will have to perform dives to figure it out...

Mix 2 is for change gas during a dive. Let say you are doing a deep dive on air and you come up to 40 feet and switch to your pony with 40% now your no deco time has increased or you have a shorter deco time.

deich the way you describe is not a good pratice.
" guess my question is.... Mix1 and Mix2 refers to a two gas dive... if i were to dive air the first dive then switch to nitrox 36 for the second dive i would just the mix one to 36% and the computer would calculate the ndl limit from there.... "

Thanks.... It may just be me but these directions are vague.... i guess i will have to perform dives to figure it out...

Don't feel bad, the directions are vague. I use the same computer. it's my first and only. I still take my (small) manual with me in my dive book in case i need to refer to something or try to figure out something. so don't feel bad. I don't have really any complaints about it, just wish i could find more info on it as well.

I have now 92 dives on this computer. as it's the only one I've ever had, not sure what to compare it to. but reviews all say how "easy" it is to use. maybe i'm not the brightest crayon in the pack but i haven't seen it as easy. probably would be if manual explained a bit more. but I'm learning mine as i go.

It's the easiest to use computer that I've had or been around. What are the questions?

It has three buttons and 7 screens. The larger middle button will cycle you through all the screens. The button on the left cycles the blinking cursor through each individual screen and the button on the right "pick's the feature or enters data...whatever you want to look at it.

The first screen is Time, there are no adjustments to this screen.

The second screen is to set the one or two mixes. Air is just 21%. You can set how conservatiive the computer is on this screen as well as whether you use 1.4 or 1.6 for ppo2 as well as the sampling rate if you download info from the computer.

The third screen is the dive planing screen...how long you have before NDL at each depth.

The fourth screen is your dive log (there are actually two "pages" or screen for this).

The fifth screen just replays your selected dives in a speeded up format.

The sixth screen is just used if you have the download cable.

The seventh and last screen is the screen to set time and date.

That's it. Regarding using the two mix buttons. You just set them while you are on the surface for whatever two mixes you are going to use. When it's time for the switch underwater to your second (deco) mix just push the left button while underwater until it switches from mix one to mix two.

Unlike most dive computers that have a complicated decision tree kind of menu this one has it all out in the open.

Gcbryan, thanks so much.. i guess i was over thinking it. As i stated it was my first computer and we didnt have them back in the day... i was thinking mix1 was for the forst dive and mix2 was for the second... totally wrong

Back
Top Bottom