Can't download dives on Subsurface 5.0.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Gradient Factors shown on the dive profile do not correspond to the ones I've used. The profiles all have GF35/70, I've never ever used that.

What's shown on the profile can be changed in the settings. What I don't know is whether a) Petrel logs GFs used on the dive, b) Subsurface reads that info when importing the dive, and c) uses it when displaying the profile. Presumably one or all of the above are not happening, is what you're seeing. Hopefully @dirkhh or @atdotde would know which one(s).

(PS obviously, those GF settings only affect the displayed ceilings and calculated deco schedule, not the actual profile with all the stops your really did. :wink:

The GF shown is the one used by Subsurface when calculating the ceiling.
Very few dive computers even tell us what GF was used. If we have that info, it's under extra data. But we make no attempt to parse that or sync it with what we use for our calculation.

The GF shown is the one used by Subsurface when calculating the ceiling.
Very few dive computers even tell us what GF was used. If we have that info, it's under extra data. But we make no attempt to parse that or sync it with what we use for our calculation.

Can you give every dive its own individual GFs? -- That could be the first step: let the user manually enter and save them for each dive. Once you have that, you can look into parsing that data out of the log in the few cases where it's there.

Can you give every dive its own individual GFs? -- That could be the first step: let the user manually enter and save them for each dive. Once you have that, you can look into parsing that data out of the log in the few cases where it's there.
No, that's not something we support

No, that's not something we support

oh well... if I ever buy us ZH-L computers... and feel the need to do more coding... :D

@dirkhh on a totally unrelated note, I just d/l'ed 5.0.1 and a dive that was "merged" from 2 in an older version now shows the gas change icon at the merge point. This doesn't happen if I merge the dives in 5.0.1. Do you want me to create an issue on github?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom