Can’t decide…oms single wing or dive rite single wing…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Black Friday/cyber Monday special for dive rite Voyager EXP on scubadelphia for $288.

OMS is standard price at $316.

DR requires a STA, but the gusset control system is appealing.

I simply can’t decide which one to choose. Leaning towards OMS due to having the option of not using a STA, but DR appears like it is a better/more-up-to-date wing?

Help!

Between those two, I would go OMS. I'm not a fan of an STA if you're not switching between singles/doubles often. Also not a fan of bungees on the wing.

Love DR. Great customer service. I’ve used several of their wings without issue, but for doubles/sidemount/CCR. That being said, I always used a STA for single tank and it never bothered me.

Some non STA designs don't really hold the tank very stable side to side. Not sure if OMS is one of those or not.

The Dive Rite is a better built wing. I have used both.

Go with the OMS wing, assuming it's a 27 or 32 lb Mono wing . The Dive Rite Voyager wing requires a STA and has 35 lbs of lift which is too big for single tank diving.

Love DR. Great customer service. I’ve used several of their wings without issue, but for doubles/sidemount/CCR. That being said, I always used a STA for single tank and it never bothered me.
I second this. Plus the STA gives you a little more weight where you wold need it.

Go with the OMS wing, assuming it's a 27 or 32 lb Mono wing . The Dive Rite Voyager wing requires a STA and has 35 lbs of lift which is too big for single tank diving.

Says who? My single tank wing is 40 pounds and I've used it for everything from pool in a t-shirt and swim suit to drysuit with heavy undergarment. Ideal for the warm stuff, probably not but no issues whatsoever.

When I was diving single tank and If I do it again, It will be with my 18 pound Oxycheq all trip long. Have and will I dive my Dive Rite Rec wing single tank? Yes.

I would pick the DR. I agree that unless you’re diving a heavy steel tank, a 40 lbs wing is too big. I use one on a PST LP tank, but it’s one of the heaviest tanks around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom