cant believe im asking this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
when your looking at the sizing charts for a bcd how do you measure over the shoulder? im trying to find a bcd that will fit snuggly and not move alot, i do have one in mind and my LDS doesnt have this one in stock so before i order it offline i do want to make sure the according to the size chartit should fit to a T.

Type, sizing chart bcd, into your search engine.

i do want to make sure the according to the size chartit should fit to a T.

The only way to do that is to try it on. I've purchased gear that - according to sizing charts - should fit me perfectly, only to find that it was actually way too big or way too small.

Some people get lucky. Some just don't really care about perfect fit. Everyone else needs to try it on.

Especially true if you're not a "standard" body size - and who is?

Buying a BC is lilke buying a shirt. Medium or Large means nothing to the manufacturers. It's a shot in the dark. I've worn several rental BC's that fit in the shop but were a pain in the water. Luckily I bought a Triple L a few years ago which actually did fit while uncharged in the water. They all fit when you blow them up with air for some odd reason or the other.

Yes, you really should try it on. I once bought a rather expensive BCD online, as the medium size in the shop was slightly to small. they had no large size in stock, so like a fool I thought the large was bound to fit me... It was the biggest 'large' you could imagine! There's alot of divers out there with similar horror stories.

Yes, you do have to try it on. It's too expensive to gamble the money. I like two fingers spacing between my chest and the vest, just below your shouloders. Not much more. If your LDS wants to sell one, tell them to get it in. You're the customer, and they should accommodate you. If not, find another dealer.

It's no "horror." a good Internet retailer will take back a BCD if it doesn't fit and you'll be out $10 for return shipping. I think some even cover that.

When we bought my wife a wetsuit one time I think we ordered 2/3 of them and returned the ones that didn't fit.

Or, you could go with a BP/W system and know that it'll fit you perfectly.

ok, thank you everyone for the advice, im going to give my LDS a call and see if they carry it or if they have seen the bcd atleast, if not ill probably have them order me one

Back
Top Bottom