Canon WP-V1 Housing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received my WP-V1 housing and got the instructions for setting the underwater mode.

The instructions are a Japanese cluster ******.

HF200
remove SD card
set to "video" mode
turn on camera
make sure you are in menu/settings mode
move joystick to the right so you are under the "photo" icon
press photo snap, photo, and the start/stop button on the back of the camera body (not on the screen) all at once.
A new screen will pop-up
click yes and then "set"
the camera will turn off
reset the date and time
you only need do this once.

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but I did figure this out. Here's my revised (in true English) instructions that worked for me:

1) Remove SD card
2) Set to "Movie" mode on the Dial Wheel to the right (middle setting)
3) Turn on camera
4) On the flip screen, hit the far right button to put the camera into playback mode.
5) Using the Joystick, Go up to the top, and select the Photo Icon (This will display any still photos you have taken)
6) Hold Down he following three buttons down simultaneously for 10-15 seconds: Video Snap (left side of camera body when viewing from behind), Photo (on top), and Start/Stop Record (on the back). A new screen will pop-up asking to enable Underwater Mode, Click Yes (set).
7) The camera will turn off - reboot it and reset the date and time (other settings may be changed as well)
8) When the camera is rebooted, hit Menu and the top menu (P,TV,AV,Cine, etc) use the joystick and go to the far right, and hit Set.
9) There should be a new icon on the right that shows a fish - that's your underwater setting. Joystick over to it and hit Set. UW setting is enabled!

Hope this helps - I was able to get it going using these steps.
-Jason

Thank you Jason - I've been searching for that function for ages - it was putting the camera into playback mode that was the missing step.

Thank you Jason - I've been searching for that function for ages - it was putting the camera into playback mode that was the missing step.

Glad my instructions helped! I don't have any clue why Canon buried that setting - especially when they make a dive case for the camera - you'd think they would want to promote that setting, not hide it!

Hi All,

I've been using the WP-V1 with an Ikelite W20 WAL and find that, even though the enclosure does have purge slits for the lens, I still get small bubbles for the first 5 or 10 mins of my dives every time. I therefore started routinely unscrewing the lens underwater and waving the bubbles away.

Has anybody found that by drilling the additional holes to the lens port indeed helps and results in no bubbles at all early in the dive?

Complete.jpgSetup1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom