Canon Housing Leaks - Easy DIY Fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am one of the people who came and get help from Jeff.
His leak detector had saved our G9 twice. I've replaced new o-ring; just back from a week trip from Lembeh, no problem at all; and if any, the detector will tell me before getting worst.
Thanks Jeff.

I just got back from Lembeh yesterday. Had a great time and got some great pics! :D

all my fault, i did not think the buffing would make the divit. I tested it on an older case which showed no damage. Buffing with cloth did not remove the scraches

I am willing to attempt to repair your case--no promises that I will not ruin it more than you already have. I have a knack for fixing things but absolutely no promise or implied guarantee.

N

I wouldn't recommend using any 'machine' (like a Dremal Tool) to remove the Mould Release Lines.
As I have successfully fixed lots of these housings, I would suggest following my instructions.
To clarify what you are doing with this sanding, here is a sketch with details.
Please ask if your not sure!

Canon%20%27O%27%20Ring%20Fault%20Line%20Fix.JPG

Did as you narrated; is it alright to leave sanding marks or is there some way to polish it out? Am I correct that only bottom of the groove should be sanded to remove the line and not important along the walls? Just finished on my WP-DC28 housing. I used a 600 grit wrapped around a popsicle wooded stick.:D

Oops,you answered with your latest reply. thanks

Anyone report any leaking with the S90 housing? I am considering it vs the Ikelite for snorkeling.

Since it was common in all earlier Canon OEM housings, I would expect it also in the S90. Just use powerful magnifying glass and inspect along the O ring channel on the sides where the hinge is and on the other side where the lock is.

Here's a couple of pics of the "Mould Release Line" - First Pic shows one end of the door, with Two Lines marked with arrows, The other end also has two in the same positions. I have found that the one shown here on the Left is the one that causes most leaks, but its easy to fix all 4 while you have the sand paper out !

Mould-Release-Lines.jpg

Second Pic shows a close-up of the Left Hand "Mould Release Line". When it is sanded this line is no longer visible, and you can't feel it when a toothpick is run along the groove. I have now heard from around 15 people that I did this modification too their housings, and all have done plenty of dives with absolutely NO LEAKS.
P.S. Please don't ask me if I can fix your housing "Mould Release Lines", it is so very easy to do yourself.

Mould-Release-Line-Close-Up.jpg

Hi There,Problem with Canon Housing? most of the the sea rider client what they did is, they change the O-ring.They bought the same size of O-ring and they replace it with Olympus brand O-ring! it works and no leak!
Warning! this is there experiment but it works! try it but its risky!

I week in Aug at Little Cayman and 1 in Roatan without leaks but now you got me worried. I will definitely check it out with an eye loop before my next trip. Thanks for the warning and easy fix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom