Canon Housing Buoyancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The density of seawater is 1.027, according to my hydrometer at monterey, this is fairly universal worldwide not counting error in my hydrometer calibration. Go to an aquarium store and get a hydrometer and then buy a bunch of table salt, dissolve in water until reaching 1.025 density, then drop in your camera and play with the weights, this should give let you achieve neurtal bouancy at surface depth at least.

Anybody have any experience with the housings for these?

I bought a late model S40 and the U/W housing last April.

Used to dived with 2 pcs 1kg weights, before I started using the slightly positive Twin-Jets fins and before my new sub-hobby came about.

Found that the housing is slightly positive and needed an extra weight to keep myself from slowly floating up. 1 extra kg of weight will do just fine.

If I am doing night dive with the same setup, plus a D8 dive lights, I just remove another weight off the belt.

Never had any problems from there on.

Always string it round my hand, coz that $1000 gadget can float away without you knowing.....

Are we talking bouyancy in salt water or fresh water? How does that change the equation (if at all?)

JT

Back
Top Bottom