Canon G3 camera plus Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do a search for G3 and you'll find a discussion on the housing available for that camera. Ikelite currently has one.

Check back here for more information rather than wait for someone to email you.

nusspli once bubbled...
I just purchase a Canon G3 as well, to replace my everyday film camera. Can I use this UW too? That would be great if I could find a housing for it!! I've been interested in getting a UW digital camera, but unfortunatley I didn't think of it at the time I purchased the G3. If anyone has had any success finding a housing and accessories, please let me know- jvasale@aol.com.

jessica

Jess, I have a Canon G2 with the Ikelite housing. While not a G3, Ikelite does make a housing for the G3 as well. I had great luck with the setup. The housing is very solid, has good balance underwater - I love it. It seems to be holding up pretty well so far - I got about 30 dives on it. Since Canon doesn't make a housing for the G-series cameras, Ikelite is your best bet. I believe there are a few other companies in Europe that make them, but they're really overpriced in my opinion. The Ikelite can be had for about $600 - not cheap, but beats the alternative :wink:

As for accessories (i.e. strobes & lenses) - any digital U/W strobe should work. Ikelite makes 2 models, DS-50 & DS-125. DS-125 is the better option, IMHO. Sea&Sea also makes a couple of models. Some like those better - it's a matter of personal preference, really. Both are good. Ikelite housings also support additions of a wide angle lens. The threading on the lens ports is common for those, so you shouldn't have a problem there. Hope this helps!

-Roman.

Thanks for the info. I will look into getting the housing for my G3, but in the mean time I'll have to use my MX10 for UW shots.

Back
Top Bottom