Canon G3 camera plus Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kawabunga0

Reaction score
Besides the offering from Ikelite and Ewa Marine, is there another company that makes underwater housings for the Canon G3 Digital Camera?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, Juha, Thanks for responding. Maybe I should settle for a Canon which already has a housing. Wil keep searching, though.

I have the Canon S30 with the Canon WP-DC300 underwater case. I recently used it while diving in Jamaica and just love it. The case allows full control of every function of the camera and good viewing of the screen. The flash is a little weak and the battery doesn't last forever, but it does a nice job. I took 30 pics on a 40 minute dive with a full battery, using some flash and the viewscreen. I learned some things when using it and will expect better pics next time.

Check out the pics at:
My scuba pictures
(No award winners, but it was fun.)

The WP-DC300 costs $150-200 and fits the S30/40/45 cameras (3/4/5MP, respectively). The case is rated for 90ft. which I tested to 90 and it did great. It is slightly bouyant so if you loose it it will go to the surface. It comes with a short cord and long cord, which I kept snug on my arm, o-ring grease, and anti-fog solution. I had the S300 and dive case before and enjoyed it, but it was only 2MP so quality was very limited.

Dean

Ike, does the Ikelite case interfere with the focus assist, flash, etc.? Is it possible to buy extra o-rings?

Thanks!

P.S. I've seen this case as low as $625 from online camera stores.

I just purchase a Canon G3 as well, to replace my everyday film camera. Can I use this UW too? That would be great if I could find a housing for it!! I've been interested in getting a UW digital camera, but unfortunatley I didn't think of it at the time I purchased the G3. If anyone has had any success finding a housing and accessories, please let me know- jvasale@aol.com.

jessica

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom