Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Scubaguy69420

Scubaguy69420

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys I've lurked on here for a few years because normally I can find any answer to any scuba related question. This is the first time I've not been able to find what I'm looking for so I thought I would sign up for the forum and ask.

I have recently purchased a Canon G10 with Fisheye FIX housing + (I believe) all the optional accessories that were made for it. I got a great price for the set up, just £160 including the camera and it works great, it's water tight... for now. My housing is the 100m rated option.

There will come a time eventually that I need to service the kit and update the O-rings. Backscatter, the main reseller for this housing, no longer supply the O-ring kit and can't provide me with any information regarding the dimensions of the O-rings. I have reached out to most of the resellers that stock Fisheye FIX products and have had no luck. I have even tried contacting Fisheye FIX directly but did not get a reply as of yet.

I was wondering if any canon users here have experience with this housing. Does anyone here know what O-rings I would need to buy? Has anyone here used this set up before?

Any information regarding Fisheye FIX housings would be appreciated

Have you tried Reef Photo in Fort Lauderdale, Florida? They have serviced my FIX S90 housing several times.

It is a shame FIX went away, absorbed into Nauticam, I forget the story? Purchasing a non-serviceable housing and camera is never really a good deal unless you can use it as is for a few years.

I'
Have you tried Reef Photo in Fort Lauderdale, Florida? They have serviced my FIX S90 housing several times.

It is a shame FIX went away, absorbed into Nauticam, I forget the story? Purchasing a non-serviceable housing and camera is never really a good deal unless you can use it as is for a few years.
I'm from the UK but based in Indonesia so unfortunately finding any parts quickly and reliably isn't always easy.

I can use the housing as is for now but I was hoping to find spare gaskets to have as a back up.

Contact Reef Photo:

Contact Divervision:

Contact Pacific Housing Repair:

Thank you! I'll keep trying! surely someone out there has written down the gauge of the O ring at some point

Thank you! I'll keep trying! surely someone out there has written down the gauge of the O ring at some point
Can you show me the (main case) O ring. Remove it and give me the thickness and diameter (relaxed)? Is that what you are in need of?

If so, those O-rings last forever. Just lube it sparingly each use. Remove between uses and store in a plastic bag inside the housing.

Can you show me the (main case) O ring. Remove it and give me the thickness and diameter (relaxed)? Is that what you are in need of?

If so, those O-rings last forever. Just lube it sparingly each use. Remove between uses and store in a plastic bag inside the housing.
Reef got back to me! they had... in a bin in their back office... one rebuild kit left for the FIX G10 housing! Thanks for the help brother

Back
Top Bottom