Canon A630 and Sealife SL960D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcienko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Guys

I’m thinking of buying Sealife SL960D for my canon A630 camera with WP-DC8 housing. I was also thinking of saving some more $$$ and going with more expensive strobe. All I’m asking from people who have similar setup of any comments on this strobe as well any links to look at sample of the pictures taken with this strobe.

Regards :D

Marcin

I haven't used the Sealife strobe with my Canons.

My theory on strobes is buy the very most you can afford/find (not always the most expensive) because they should last for years and years. I went with Inons because they are small, light, take AA batteries, have a great range of manual controls and the power and spread of the light is just right for my needs.

The Inons (my original was a 220s and I've now added a 240) are made so they can be used with compact systems with no hard wiring (ie with a fibre optic cable) AND with compact or dslr systems that allow hard wiring (ie synch cables). Makes them the perfect solution for me.

I'd talk to the guys at Reef Photo for all you need to know about strobes and options for underwater stuff! ryan@reefphoto.com and www.reefphoto.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom