Canon A620 v/s S70 or S80?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy:
Well, RAW or not, I bit the bullet and ordered the S80 this afternoon from Adorama. I decided the 2.5 inch screen and the wider angle lens were the more important items for me (and, honestly, I'm hoping someone will hack the software to get RAW on the S80).

I'm hoping this will be enough to satisfy my toy lust for a little while at least.

Waay to go :14:, the S80 is a great little camera and I think you'll be pleased with it.
As to the lust for toys..... i'm afraid that it's unquenchable :wink:.

Abandon hope all ye who enter

Peter, nice choice. The 28mm lens will help if you're not using a separate wide angle optic. And on land, that will be great with travel photos. Focusing with Digic II is way faster than the S70. That alone should get you more keepers. Yes you lose RAW, but the ability to write images faster are a good trade off.

DE -- I probably won't be using it much on land because I'll use my Rebel instead. My evil scheme is to convince TSandM to put my beloved DiMage in its tiny case in her pocket so that when we are diving together, there will be a chance that someone will take some pictures of me! Also, when we are on land (and we have a 2+week boat trip from Vienna to Amsterdam set for July) she'll have the S80 and I'll have the Rebel. I figure, the more pictures get taken, the more chances there will be some keepers!

I just got word that it shipped out today which was a concern because they were showing the case was back ordered. So it should be here by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Yippee!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom