Canon A610 with DS-125 and Manual Controller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice photos considering that your strobe didn't fire, so I guess these were all just with the internal flash?
These are really nice considering that it's your first time with the camera?
I like the angelfish, did you try setting the white balance underwater?

Based on the advice that i've seen here, getting closer to your subject always works especially underwater :).
I like this one most
IMG_0048.sized.jpg

Can't wait to get my A610 in the water.

Well, SOME of these MAY have been in the semi-auto mode of Tv or Av, which would have fired the strobe. I don't know which (yet). The reason I couldn't get consistent results in those modes was because the camera picks one of the values - for example if I was on Av I could set the f/stop but the shutter speed would be auto, and vice versa - both Av and Tv modes fired the strobe, but with mixed results as you can imagine. I actually thought something happened to the strobe setup until I realized there was no preflash in manual mode. Too bad I was already home from the trip! Thanks for the comments.

Yes I think thats the best one. The angel is nice too! Yeah first time in the water with the setup. I messed with the white balance a bit. It seemed to blue the subject a bit.

Thanks for posting...in 3 weeks, I will be diving my A620 w/ DS125 in Curacao and will be setting the manual controller to "no pre-flash"...tonight. After a few weeks of shooting topside, I've become fairly comfortable with the manual, Av and Tv modes but still grasping settings for the strobe. Yeah, and then apply all this underwater, whew...I just hope some of my photos come out as nicely as yours. Again, thanks for posting (and Bob, for all your insight) and I'll be sure to share my experience, hopefully a few decent pics upon returning home.

Back
Top Bottom