Cannot unscrew front port PT-EP10.. help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sillyrabbit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All, I need some help! I can't unscrew the front flat port of my PT-EP10 housing so that I can attach my Zen WA-100-EP dome to the housing. Any tips as to how I can add some kind of lube (WD40?) at the seam and hope that it seeps into the seam so that I can unscrew it? :( It *is* leftie-loosey, right?

I know it is possible as my trip leader unscrewed it for me 2 years ago, but now I can't seem to do it myself...

Help...

Cindy

My old PT housing had a small screw inside the housing that locked the port in place. I want to say it was on the lower left side. It’s really small and easy to lose.

First time I took off my port from my Olympus housing had someone hold on to the housing and I used a strap wrench to loosen the housing There is a locking screw and assembly in the housing that had to be removed first.

My old PT housing had a small screw inside the housing that locked the port in place. I want to say it was on the lower left side. It’s really small and easy to lose.
Hey js1221.. yep. that screw is off already... just can't seem to unscrew the port. I don't think I have the muscles to do it!

First time I took off my port from my Olympus housing had someone hold on to the housing and I used a strap wrench to loosen the housing There is a locking screw and assembly in the housing that had to be removed first.
I am bringing my housing to work to find a kind strong soul to help me on Wednesday. Let's hope that works else, I will have to find a strap wrench! :confused:

When all screws are released and it still does not work, there are some sand corns in the connection that make it difficult to screw the port out. You can use a "belt strap wrench", available for little money in hardware stores...
Support the wrench by some towel to protect your housing and port from scratches...

Wolfgang

Hey Wolfgang!
Thanks for your explanation. I will bring a towel to work tomorrow and see if my colleague can help. If not, I'll have to make a trip to the hardware store and find this "belt strap wrench"! Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom