Cannister light buildup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Packhorse!

That looks like a new DX product. I would not recommend it as I think it would over heat due to it not making any contact with the mag body to help dissipate heat. It does seem to be the same reflector that I used however and as such needs the top lip cut down so it will slide into a mag.

P7.jpg

My version using sku 13803, 12721, a D sized mag heatsink from litemania and 2 1400ma 7135 driver boards mounted to a piece of aluminium.
If you cut off the switch section and thread of the mag handle then this will not slide into the handle so what I had to do was cut the threaded part off the discarded handle and thread it into the head. Bit hard to explain with out pix but im sure you will understand when encounter the problem.

You lost me here Packhorse. So you can't simply cut the handle to the length you want and slide it into the light head as far as the beginning of the threads?

You can, its just the gold heat sink will not quite reach the handle so the handle cant sink away any heat. So either rethread the handle or grind the thread off the head or cut the thread off the discarded handle part (above the switch section) and screw it into the thread in the head.

The cut off thread will sit like this around the heat sink although you do need to screw the thread into the head and then push the light assembly in. Some thermal grease/paste may help but I dont think it is needed and can make a mess when you disassemble it.

If the gold heat sink was 1cm longer it wouldn't be a problem.

Oh - I've got ya now. That one pic with the thread on the heatsink was the mental image I was missing.

Cheers ears.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom