Canister too large - need solution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Butt mount it.That's what all the cool tech divers do.

I also receintly purchased a AUL light on ebay. I was wondering the proper procedure for changing the light bulb. Would I remove the glass cover (looks like a test tube) or unscrew the base?
Thanks,
Terry

terranimo:
I also receintly purchased a AUL light on ebay. I was wondering the proper procedure for changing the light bulb. Would I remove the glass cover (looks like a test tube) or unscrew the base?
Thanks,
Terry

Yea, just pull it off. By the way does anybody know where I can find that "test tube"? Mine broke @ olympus last week. I don't have a clue. Help.

selytch:
1. Should I just get a smaller canister (DIY/buy something similar), put NiMH battery pack and enjoy my HID light or just toss it away and buy a new light ?
If you opt to get rid of it let me know. What do you want for it?
Paul

I bought a last generation Halcyon not too long ago. Huge cannister with LA batteries. I replaced the LA batteries with NiMh and a lot of foam. It now burns almost twice as long and needs a little soft lead to make it neutral.

When you remove the test tube. pull it straight off, no twisting as sometimes tubes break when twisted..

Salvo hooked me up with the new test tube light head.

I saw posts advising to put my large canister on the belt, clip it to the back.. Cannot figure out how to do this. Any pictures/references please?

My buddy has one and we river dive. Weight is a good thing in the current. The light also has a 50 watt bulb and blows through anything Ive shined in front of him. He gets a good 2 hours life out of the rig.

I also found me one on Ebay and purchased it.

Its 12V, with 2 motorcycle batteries inline. What are other options for such a 12V system ...???

Maybe lighten it up with different batteries but has to last around 2 hours @50W

Steve

I made canisters myself .Thay are 32cm long and 10cm wide made from delrin (2kg) and barrety pack NiMH 14.4V/10Ah (2kg) almost identical with these Yellowdiving , just I have acrylic bottom of tank head and acrylic holder for battery pack ( to control )if some moisture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom