Canister light replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now, what about my other question...

I assume you mean "would this thread be acceptable in the DIR practitioner's forum" ...

I'll give my opinion only ...

That forum is more for discussing issues pertaining to planning and executing dives, rather than questions pertaining to gear or questions relating to "is this DIR".

I think for this particular question, this is the appropriate forum ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I assume you mean "would this thread be acceptable in the DIR practitioner's forum" ...

I'll give my opinion only ...

That forum is more for discussing issues pertaining to planning and executing dives, rather than questions pertaining to gear or questions relating to "is this DIR".

I think for this particular question, this is the appropriate forum ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

speaking for myself, the dividing line as i understand it is that the DPF is about anything strictly DIR. it just isn't a place to debate DIR. within that context there isn't actually all that much in this thread that i'd worry about moderating out of the DPF. the original question to use a piece of plexiglass instead of a can light wasn't DIR, but it was phrased as a question and all the answers were on track and it didn't turn into a debate. i'm more worried about keeping that forum clean of bungee wing debates than keeping this kind of question out of it... isn't my intention to scare all the noobs out of it...

we'll have to see how it evolves, though...

To that point, I would like to see the DPF forum be friendly to folks who are new to DIR. Those folks may well have taken fundies in a single & no can light. As such, I'd say the question for how to route the long hose effectively without a can light would seem to fit within the parameters of the forum. Though that question should have been addressed in fundies... I'd hope :)

Bjorn

He got the answer to his question - that is the main issue. What forum it was in is pretty much irrelevant at this point.

to the op - when i didn't have a can light, i had a medium-sized dive rite pocket on my waist strap & routed under that. it worked great, and also fixed the 'i don't have wetsuit pockets' problem.

then came x-shorts, now thinking drysuit...the evolution just continues forever!

Last time I did the warm water trick (a couple of weeks ago), I dropped the can light and used a five foot hose.

I thank every one who answered my thread, your opinions and suggestions are welcome and much appreciated.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom