Canister light entanglement hazard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No I have a halcyon light which had the just right length already. Honestly it's nothing you can't learn on your own from experience, just takes patience anytime you do ANYTHING. Ya know, what you have already learned, stop breathe think.

But your issue appears to be the length, according to your video. Your cord looks to be either floaty or really stiff too.

I want to make sure that shortening the cord is the right thing to do because once it is cut there is not turning back (well unless I replace the whole cord...). I think the factor that will determine that is whether I will be able to operate the inflator hose comfortably with a shorter cord or not.

Well, what I did with my cord was to measure how long it needed to be to get from the canister to my left hand, outstretched as much as I would ever have it when diving. That left about four or five inches of slack, and I had them take those off. I have no problems reaching my inflator, and I use the short one you don't like, which I think requires more of a reach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom