Canister light entanglement hazard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok got it now........your right hand is tied up with a camera.....well my suggestion is mount your can on the left side also, bringing the cord to the outside of your hand/wrist.

If we move the can to the left we create an even bigger mess with the SPG, the rear wing dump, and possibly a stage bottle being on that side.

To OP:

I looks like the original problem is a long inflator hose with a possibly too long light cord. I suggest to learn using a short inflator hose (rigged like here) and if that does not solve the problem have the light cord shortened.

If we move the can to the left we create an even bigger mess with the SPG, the rear wing dump, and possibly a stage bottle being on that side.

To OP:

I looks like the original problem is a long inflator hose with a possibly too long light cord. I suggest to learn using a short inflator hose (rigged like here) and if that does not solve the problem have the light cord shortened.

A shorter inflator hose is not the answer for me. I tried it and it did not work maybe because my joints are not stretchy enough.:(

To OP:

If you really want to get down to it, head should be in right hand. For stated reasons he can not do this. Personally I think the few times one needs to check an SPG dosen't make it a significant danger of entanglement, it is a danger, granted but no more than diving itself. One can also rig the SPG to be constantly visable (yes, even with stages), w/o the need to touch to the SPG.

The video says it is private.

If you really want to get down to it, head should be in right hand. For stated reasons he can not do this. Personally I think the few times one needs to check an SPG dosen't make it a significant danger of entanglement, it is a danger, granted but no more than diving itself. One can also rig the SPG to be constantly visable (yes, even with stages), w/o the need to touch to the SPG.

Light head? Right hand? Explain please?

I admit when first using a can light i also had this issue, now i can juggle a camera rig/lobster gear while scootering while turning on my can light and unclipping from drings whileeee operating my inflator (anyway needed). I put the light cord on the left side of my hand and have no issues, though, if your cord is wayyyy to long, there is only one hope.

I admit when first using a can light i also had this issue, now i can juggle a camera rig/lobster gear while scootering while turning on my can light and unclipping from drings whileeee operating my inflator (anyway needed). I put the light cord on the left side of my hand and have no issues, though, if your cord is wayyyy to long, there is only one hope.

It sounds like that you have turned into an underwater joggler. Can you give me some lessons next time you are in town?:) Anyway, I guess you did not cut your cord shorter...

Sorry what do you mean? Can you watch it?

Ah! Sam tried to watched it and he couldn't so I have to change the privacy setting. I did not remember that it was in that way. I tried and it did not work. I will try again later something is not quite right with You Tube:confused:

I have tried again and it should work now!:)

Last edited:
It sounds like that you have turned into an underwater juggler. Can you give me some lessons next time you are in town?:) Anyway, I guess you did not cut your cord shorter...

No I have a halcyon light which had the just right length already. Honestly it's nothing you can't learn on your own from experience, just takes patience anytime you do ANYTHING. Ya know, what you have already learned, stop breathe think.

But your issue appears to be the length, according to your video. Your cord looks to be either floaty or really stiff too.

Back
Top Bottom