Cancun to Coz 5/25 charter flight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KissmyBubbles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Partner and I are planning to use FlyCozumel to get from CUN to the island to skip the "bag drag" and avoid crowds. Any chance another fully vaccinated couple arriving that afternoon would be interested in splitting the cost of the charter?

Fly Cozumel Charters | Private Jet & Flights - Cancun, Cozumel & Playa

Also - we are diving for three days and staying near the airport. Is it worth renting a car or should we just find a driver to take us to and from the marina?

TIA!

We had a taxi driver that we met on a trip to Cozumel years ago. He picked us up one morning to go to the Caleta. We asked if he would pick us up at 8 am each morning for the next week. He was more than happy. I think it would be very easy to find a taxi driver to pick you up each morning at a scheduled time. Especially now before cruise ships come back, I am sure they would welcome the work. Ask someone at your condo or hotel if they can recommend someone.

Also - we are diving for three days and staying near the airport. Is it worth renting a car or should we just find a driver to take us to and from the marina?
Parking at the southern marina is so bad, I'd hate to - but staying up north may make it worthwhile. I'd say it depends on how easily you can find cabs up there.

Parking at the southern marina is so bad, I'd hate to - but staying up north may make it worthwhile. I'd say it depends on how easily you can find cabs up there.

Right now you can find a spot, but if it gets busy, it will get ugly for sure.

Partner and I are planning to use FlyCozumel to get from CUN to the island to skip the "bag drag" and avoid crowds. Any chance another fully vaccinated couple arriving that afternoon would be interested in splitting the cost of the charter?

Fly Cozumel Charters | Private Jet & Flights - Cancun, Cozumel & Playa

TIA!

Can you make it the 26th? We were looking at the 26th but for only 2pp, WAY to expensive.

Avoiding the bus & ferry bag drag is a reasonable desire, but finding another fully vaccinated couple arriving the same exact day seems like a stretch, and then hoping there's not a six hour wait on the other pair. As often as flights get delayed & canceled, as much as weather happens passing thru Texas, it sounds like a long shot. "Best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry," or so goes the modern translation.

I think a private cab to PDC and riding the ferry on the outdoor deck is a close is you're going to get. Good luck with your goal tho.

I stayed at Hotel B several years ago. Tres Pelicanos was nice enough to come pick me up because I couldn't get a taxi. Things were a lot busier back then.

I would normally would recommend getting a car, but if you can get a taxi drivers card prior to diving, I would say you can probably get him to come pick you up with a WhatsApp message. Don't expect to see taxis patrolling that area, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom