Cancun , Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpankyGirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be going to Cancun and staying at the Solymer Resort in March of 2006 , it is an all girl trip. I have tried talking to the hotel and a tour group but they are unsure. If anyone knows the area and would love to help 4 female divers in dive boat distress.. :06:. Please post or send me an email. It will be greatly appericated. Also if your close by you can come and dive with us.

SpankyGirl:
I will be going to Cancun and staying at the Solymer Resort in March of 2006 , it is an all girl trip. I have tried talking to the hotel and a tour group but they are unsure. If anyone knows the area and would love to help 4 female divers in dive boat distress.. :06:. Please post or send me an email. It will be greatly appericated. Also if your close by you can come and dive with us.
Well I might not know the area, I would like to help out :D

Hi Spanky,

Depends where you are staying. There are plenty of places in the "Hotel Zone" to dive with. Manta Divers is like the middle of the Zone, ScubaCancun is on the north end. Manta Divers is recommended highly and I've dove with Scuba Cancun. Great dive instructor there and he leads most of the dive trips. Ben Mooney.

Also, you just have to go to the La Placitas restaurant in Cancun. About a fifteen minute taxi ride. It is an excellent place and has very few Americans that go there. The best pate I've ever had and you HAVE to get the Mayan coffee. It's worth it just to go and see them make it. Also, Captain's Cove is very good.

Hope this helps!

Jack

Manta Divers and Scuba Cancun are just fine, I have used both. Manta Divers has a Cenote Dive that is a MUST do if you're in the area. They use a certified cave diver named Leif, he is fantastic and I'm sure would love to take you girls on a tour.
There are some nice wrecks in Cancun that are very worthwhile. Cancun is an easy place to get around, just use the bus, they're all over and run constantly. Have a great trip and have fun planning it.
David

Jbliesath,
Leif is extremely good :) and fun with it too. I tried to get hold of Dennis when I was over there but couldn't get hold of him and so went with Leif. I'm pretty sure either bloke will give you a great (safe) trip.

I think there are 2 minesweepers - the one I did was about 24metres with a little current running. You will find that some divers will go inside the wreck - you might want to talk about this before your dive. I went inside and (I'm very cautious) and felt ok about it but it's not for everyone - it's not a rusty old wreck and has quite a few exit points but it's still overhead and you may feel more comfortable not doing it. VIs is good on the wreck and there's a few nice Eagle rays around it. Ben Mooney used to have a glint in his eye each time he dived it so you might want to have a word with him about it.

Thanks. Ole Ben was my instructor last Nov. He came over to the hotel and gave his spiel. I was there in the afternoon. Great instructor and dive guide. I understand that he's still with SC. He tried to talk me into a night dive last year, and I didn't think I was ready for it. There was a gal going through the OW cert, and when we came back into the lagoon side, the gal's girlfriends were hollering and waving. Ben did the gentlemanly thing and mooned them all. A standing ovation!! Holds true to his name....:D

I'll definitely check out those websites and ask him about the wrecks.

one of the girls I am going with was told Cancun had no good diving. She wanted to go to coz. I can not wait to show her this. I can now look forward to booking this and the cave dive sounds cool. Now the question remains do you a way of getting a hold of them both. Since I will be there for a week I will have to spread myself around..lol.

For hte food I can not wait. I love hot and spice food. Granted I am not a coffee drinker but I will try it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom