Cancun Diving Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbone

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wife and I are heading south in mid November for a long weekend. We're staying at Sun Palace, which is on the very southern end of the hotel district.

I saw great things said in the forums about Manta Divers Cancun and Mayan Aqua Divers. I checked both their web sites, and it doesn't look like they pick up at Sun Palace. I also checked Scuba Caribe, but they also seem to not pick up that far south.

Does anybody have any recommendations for dive shops on the southern end? We're not looking to do anything technical. We're both fairly new divers with less than 20 dives.

Thanks!

Dave B
Dallas, TX

Having dove with MAD for three or four years now, you will not be disappointed. Ben is an excellent instructor, he has great dive masters and others on staff. Tell him what you want and he'll deliver it.

A sterling reputation here on SB. Enjoy you diving, I'm green with envy....:D

Jack

Sorry for the delay in reporting back, but better late than never, right?

My wife and I along with our 2 friends dove 2 days while in Cancun, and both days were with Ben and MAD. We all did 2 morning dives on Thursday, 2 of us did 2 night dives that night, then all of us did 2 the next morning. And while my wife and I are still new to the sport, the couple we were with have hundreds of dives and have been all over the world.

All of us agree that Ben took great care of us, the dives were top notch, and we would absolutely without hesitation reccommend Ben and his operation to others. Each day, the group on the boat let Ben pick the dive sites, and he didn't disappoint. We saw what seemed like endless amounts of life and had the chance to do a wreck dive. The equipment that was rented was all in good condition as well as the boat. Ben also did a great job of managing the group on the boat, which included beginners making their 8th dive, experienced cave divers carrying extra tanks, and a little of everything in between.

If you're going to Cancun and you plan on diving, you should email Ben and he will take great care of you.

Thanks,

Dave
Dallas, TX

We just dove a week ago with M.A.D. and had the best dive we ever had in Cancun. Wonderful small opperation, Ben and crew were amazing and we will definitely dive with them every time we are in Cancun.

I also dove with MAD last week (crummy weather most of the week). Did the C-58 wreck and Open Reef on Mon, and cenote Dos Ojos on Tues. Ben and his crew are outstanding.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom