Cancun Dives Near Excellence Playa Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

The hotel you are staying in is quite a ways north of Puerto Juarez (about a 15 min drive) you can see the Avalon Reef Club at the north end of Isla Mujeres from the hotel. I was up there playing golf last week.

Going to Cancun will be a bit of a trek/challenge. If you contact Enrique at uayeb13@hotmail.com, he can put you in touch with T.J., an Instructor from Wisc., who runs dives out of P. Juarez. TJ also has a concession at one of the hotels on Playa Mujeres, just not sure which one. I have dived with TJ and recommend him.

If you are diving from Playa Mujeres you will probably go north of Isla Mujeres. There are several good dives. Piedra Atraversada, Bridges & Caves, Ultrafreeze Wreck, Sleeping Shark Caves and a host of others.

Let me know how it turns out.

Sam

+1 for Alvaro Gonzalez, he really know what he is doing, 32 years of experience, here really know to have fun. Scuba Dive Cozumel; personal experience | AlwaysDiving - Scuba Diving Agency in Cancun
:)
Hi, My husband and I are going to Cancun at the end of April and are Padi certified. We would like to know what dives are good around the area we are staying, at the Excellence Playa Mujeres.
How about those cenotes, are they fun? Are the wreck dives worth it? So many decisions....

I stayed at EPM a year ago or so and did some dives with the on-site Dive Operator, Aqua World. The staff at the hotel was extremely helpful and knowledgeable, the dive team not so much. After descent, never really saw the DM again until it was tip time. Rude boat crew. I would not recommend them.

Scorpio Divers writes all their own fake Scuba Board and Trip Advisor reviews and are pretending to be someone recommending Scorpio Divers. :depressed:

Scorpio Divers writes all their own fake Scuba Board and Trip Advisor reviews and are pretending to be someone recommending Scorpio Divers. :depressed:

No they don't and no they're not. Whilst it may be your opinion, that's libel and leaves you open to court action for defamation.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom