Cancun dive using an hands-free over the shoulder mount for a GoPro.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Z Gear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Our friend used our old GoPro for a dive he was doing in Cancun and he used a over the shoulder mount by Z GEAR. He took both our water cases (flat lense and round but picked the wrong to use on his dive). Oh well. This is what he brought back for me to edit. The Z GEAR scuba mount is hands-free and easy to adjust and turn on/off. The mount can be worn over either shoulder, leaving your hands free.

[video=youtube;kjkMU-S8DdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjkMU-S8DdM[/video]

Very bouncy and uncontroled, Limited directional capability, Disallows closeup work, and nice shot of the regulator hose....

I have had comments that the filming is not bouncy and that in fact they had stated that it showa that it cuts through the water quite smoothly. In addition the comparison with the head mount the filming is definetly better because you don't have that bouncy side shots and this is the reason for this mount. As far as the adjustability, the camrea is within hands reach, it is totally adjustable for filming different angles, swim or hovering position. It also comes with a leash for peace of mind. The regulator hose shot can be avoided by placing the mount over the left shoulder, tucking the hose under the arm, also this mount had a 3" arm now the extended arm is 4". I hope this clarified some concerns.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom