Cancun April 8-18---couple of questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefyter:

It says on there site 1 hours drive from Cancun is that correct?

I don't mind the drive since we want to do alot of driving and exploring while we are there.

I am also considering taking the ferry over to Cozumel since everyone I talk to says that snorking and diving is better over there.

Does anyone know if the ferry's carry cars over to Cozumel and if so how much it costs?

The ferry that we rode from Playa del Carmen would not hold cars, and I really don't remember seeing any, although there have been some. The ferrys are really more of a big nice boat with plenty of air conditioned, comfortable seating and even an "in-flight" movie. But, warning! Be sure and take your seasickness meds before riding it! Although I was wearing a patch, that was the most seasick we've ever been, and quick. It ruined a whole day of diving for my husband and myself, we were ruined by the time we got to Coz.

Walk 10 yards, sit 10 minutes, walk 10 yards, sit... not a fun pattern. The dive boat had to leave without us, we couldn't make it there by the departure time. We also sat outside on the top deck on the return trip, that seemed to help immensely. Well, the sitting outside, 7-up, food, 5 hour recovery, and the trip to the pharmacia, combination worked! And it was my BIRTHDAY. ;o(

I think the round trip is around $17. And it takes around 40-45 minutes, I believe. Many of the people didn't seem affected by the boat's pitch, so you may be just peachy. My son in law took ginger during this trip and he never felt seasick. My artificial chemicals didn't prevent mine, so I guess next trip, I try ginger!

Foo

scubapro5:
Firefyter:

It says on there site 1 hours drive from Cancun is that correct?

I don't mind the drive since we want to do alot of driving and exploring while we are there.

I am also considering taking the ferry over to Cozumel since everyone I talk to says that snorking and diving is better over there.

Does anyone know if the ferry's carry cars over to Cozumel and if so how much it costs?

Yep, an hours drive is just about it, and you're only about another 30 minutes from Tulum, which is a must see if you're exploring the area. The reef diving is a slow drift dive, and was easy and lots of fun. If you want to contact them, email John Everett at divequestions@hotmail.com John answers his email pretty quick, and will definitely show you a good time. Tell him Thomas from Paris sent ya and said hi.
Another op in the same area that gets great reviews is a member of this board, Pez de Diablo. His name is Dennis and he owns Diablo Divers. You can contact him at http://www.diablodivers.com I'm not sure about prices, and I've never had the pleasure of diving with him, but I do know that he dives the same general area as Scubamex, and has a great reputation on this board among people who have dove with him. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to dive with either one of these guys. I think it's a win-win no matter which one you choose.

The guys at Scubamex are very good but it is in Paamul a long way south of Cancun. Are you really staying in Cancun or are you in a resort on the Riviera Maya? - your location makes a big difference

If you are in Cancun, dive with Cat in Puerto Morelos, save you time and money by not traveling all the way to Paa Mul when you have a great operator 40 minutes closer to you.

Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom