Cancun April 8-18---couple of questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro5

Contributor
Reaction score
Me and my fience Tina will be on vacation in Cancun and would like to know if anyone can recommend a cheap but good dive boat and how much do they charge?

We will be renting a car and would also like to do some snorkeling from the beach. Where is a good spot to snorkel?

Will anyone else from the boards be there during the time we will be there?

Thanks for the help!

IMHO, I would recommend Scuba Cancun. You can check out the website and get pricing. http://www.scubacancun.com.mx Hook up with Ben Mooney, he'll treat you right!

I will be testing this out myself in Nov., but I've heard that the Marine Park over on Isla Mujeres is a great place to snorkel. You can usually take the ferry over and then pick up a boat on the cheap.

Have a great time! Dive safe!

Jack

scubapro5:
Me and my fience Tina will be on vacation in Cancun and would like to know if anyone can recommend a cheap but good dive boat and how much do they charge?

We will be renting a car and would also like to do some snorkeling from the beach. Where is a good spot to snorkel?

Thanks for the help!

I'll be in Cancun during the same week, April 8-12. Thanks for the scuba charter reference.

scubapro5:

Thanks for the help!

Punta Nizuc is great snorkeling! It is located along side of Club Med. To get there park near Westin's Club Regina next to Club Med, walk right through their lobby down to the beach, turn right walk down the beach past Club Med, cross over the point and you are there. Keep an eye out for topless sun bathers at Club Med, they are looking for attention. :wink:

btw, Punta Nizuc is the beginning of the second largest reef in the world.

bketchel:
I'll be in Cancun during the same week, April 8-12. Thanks for the scuba charter reference.

Hi Bketchel your profile is blank so I know nothing about you? It would be nice to meet up in Cancun.Will you be by yourself or?

How about your name?

dlndavid:
Punta Nizuc is great snorkeling! It is located along side of Club Med. To get there park near Westin's Club Regina next to Club Med, walk right through their lobby down to the beach, turn right walk down the beach past Club Med, cross over the point and you are there. Keep an eye out for topless sun bathers at Club Med, they are looking for attention. :wink:

btw, Punta Nizuc is the beginning of the second largest reef in the world.

That's exactly what I was searching for THANKS!

jbliesath:thanks for the info!

scubapro5:
That's exactly what I was searching for THANKS!

jbliesath:thanks for the info!

If you get a chance, due some Cenote diving with Manta Divers, the dives are awesome, the Dive Master is Cave certified, his name is Leif (pronounced life).
He is a real character, tell him Indiana Jones says hi.
I have also dived with Scuba Cancun, lots of shade on their boats, and they do good videos of your dives ($60), or so.
There are a couple of wrecks in Cancun, C55 & C58 that are cool.
Here are some pictures of the wrecks, not mine.
http://www.davemorris.com/PhotoViewer.cfm?Subdirectory=Scuba Cancun Wreck C55 2004
Here are some of my pictures.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/david...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
Just got back myself.

Haven't tried that one, scubapro, but I will ditto the others about ScubaCancun. They took us to Machones Reef (in view of Isla Mujeres) area and, although shallow, there was great diving there with lots of varied sealife, even sharks. Snorkelers can also make this trip, because the reef is only around 40 ft. Scubacancun makes an awesome video- well worth the $$, the video my husband got is one of the reasons that I now dive- I watched it over and over until I decided that I just HAD to do that, too!

Foo

scubapro5:
I found this one dive boat/shop for $29 a dive

http://www.scubamex.com/prices.html

Anyone tried them before?

I've dove with the guys at Scubamex, and really enjoyed their operation. John Everett is a great guy, and really shows you a good time. The bad thing is, Scubamex is in Paamul, which is south of Playa del Carmen. It's just a little out of the way for you, and there are several ops around the Cancun area that will suit you better. Send a PM to Cancun Mark here on the board, I'm sure he can give you lots of info.

Back
Top Bottom