Cancelling/ Not Cancelling?

Are you cancelling your vacation due to the recent crisis?

• Yes, I am cancelling my vacation.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • No, I am not cancelling.

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • I have yet to decide.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • No vacation planned, as of now.

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozumel 4/18-4/25. If the airport is open I am going!!!

The only reason I am is if I get activated or deployed I receive no refund. I've tried a couple different places and nobody will guarantee a refund of my down payments.
It sucks and chances are I won't get the call, but I'm not much of a gambler.

Dave

Bermuda in June.

Grand Cayman in December.

Both with the family.

Neither of these destinations are hotbeds of unrest or terrorism. Regardless, I will not allow terrorists to alter my plans.

I'll admit that I'm a little more cautious when I travel and have considered how you can prevent someone from reaching the cockpit and subdue them using items available on a plane. I also ask for aisle rather than window seating.

We leave for Roatan in under 3 weeks and I see no need to cancel. I would think twice about go anywhere in the middle east...obviously. But the places I go in the Caribbean are totally safe.

I'm off to Egypt (Dahab) in three weeks, been looking forward to it for months and will go as long as there is a plane to take me.

Terrorism has always been around, in most countries, the odds of a given individual being hurt are still very low. Besides the nice people of the Sinai region still need our money to survive as they now rely so heavily on the tourist trade. So I reckon we should not let what is happening in Iraq cascade and cause further unease about travelling and economic trouble for the people who look after us when we do travel.

Inspector#2 once bubbled...
The only reason I am is if I get activated or deployed I receive no refund. I've tried a couple different places and nobody will guarantee a refund of my down payments.
It sucks and chances are I won't get the call, but I'm not much of a gambler.

Dave

I have tickets for Bonaire in July..I AM GOING.

Dave, if you are interested in a beach house in NC, near Wilmington, drop me a PM. I can assure you, you can get a deposit refund on it.

for Baja California in July. I am trying to get a long weekend club trip together, but so far, few nibbles. I'm not sure if it is related to the war or economic uncertainties, though. It may also be that they already have made summer plans...

We're going to Saba (near St. Maarten) June 14-21 and I can't wait! If anyone wants to tag along just drop me a PM :) Doc Vikingo's description makes the island sound absolutely wonderful!
Ber :bunny:

Barring any unforeseen developments .......4 days and counting:wink:

Finesse once bubbled...
Barring any unforeseen developments .......4 days and counting:wink:
If Allison goes crazy in South Beach we might just stay there and not meet you in Bonaire :D :D

Can't wait to see you and Robin. Look for us in the airport in Montego Bay. We'll be the one's with the "yes I had to much fun last night" look on our faces.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom