Canadian Tire is getting into the diving business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradnerBoy

Contributor
Reaction score
While we were in Campbell River this past weekend, Underwater Ogre pointed out that Canadian Tire *might* be trying to get into the diving business.

We went to check it out and sure enough...see picture below for proof.

Based on the sign, we think this store is subconsciously trying to lure us divers into the store to buy more gear and they will eventually remove the false 'R' from their signage altogether when of their plot becomes generally accepted amongst the LDS.

Furthermore, we heard through the grapevine that the new Mastercraft reg sets are the bomb and that they're offering free MotoMaster nitrox fills, while quantities last.

Sadly, we were a bit late for the "give like Santa, save like Scrooge" deal where, if you purchased either a deep, wreck or DPV specialty, they accepted payment in Canadian Tire money at a bonus ratio of 1.5:1.

Thanks for the tip, Owen :wink:

Attachments

• IMG00463-20100312-1828.jpg
    IMG00463-20100312-1828.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Craftsman is sears, are they getting into diving too?!?! I think you are looking for Mastercraft!

I'm just being difficult. Funny post!

I would'nt be surprised, they are selling everything but the kitchen sink...wait they are also selling kitchen sinks.

Last time I brought my car there they offered to inflate the tires with nitrogen.

Next they'll be offering nitrox fills, canadian LDS's better beware.:(

Talk about a coincidence! I have been tracking the rise and fall of the LDS phenomenon through time on a linear graph and predict the omega event to be the day Canadian Tire begins to sell a "made in China" cheap compressor.

Wow I have enough Canadian Tire money to buy another rebreather. I can't wait :D

Wow I have enough Canadian Tire money to buy another rebreather. I can't wait :D

I just want one :(

I'll be watching their weekly flyer for some of their 50% discount sales on some tanks and regs. :)

I bought my Bare wetsuit (3/4mm) from Canadian Tire for about 70 bucks! :blinking::blinking::blinking:

While we were in Campbell River this past weekend, Underwater Ogre pointed out that Canadian Tire *might* be trying to get into the diving business.

We went to check it out and sure enough...see picture below for proof.

Based on the sign, we think this store is subconsciously trying to lure us divers into the store to buy more gear and they will eventually remove the false 'R' from their signage altogether when of their plot becomes generally accepted amongst the LDS.

Furthermore, we heard through the grapevine that the new Mastercraft reg sets are the bomb and that they're offering free MotoMaster nitrox fills, while quantities last.

Sadly, we were a bit late for the "give like Santa, save like Scrooge" deal where, if you purchased either a deep, wreck or DPV specialty, they accepted payment in Canadian Tire money at a bonus ratio of 1.5:1.

Thanks for the tip, Owen :wink:

Darn it all...I was saving this one for Xmas...That's the last time I show my cards:D

Here's the picture I took one rainy night. Remember the original is always better.:wink:

U/O

Attachments

• IMG00003.jpg
    IMG00003.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 88
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom