can you tell me about these fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When I was in Cozumel a few weeks back, enjoying my second diving vacation, I decided I must have some full foot fins, so I bought these...
tiger.jpg

basically because they looked so very cool!

They are very comfortable fins and look as if they're specialized...the thing is, I'm not sure what they're specialized to do. Why do they have those openings on the sides? What is that little protrubrance in the front?

Thanks so much!
Pamela:wink:

lots of people use those... never heard many complaints
(by the way, they are open-heeled fins, not full foot)

they're supposedly designed for "maximum thrust" which i guess means
being able to go real fast.... which you don't want to do, because
you'll suck your air down in no time :wink:

slow and easy is the way to go

if they're comfortable (and you say they are), then it sounds to
me like you have a keeper!

those are basically a copy of the mares volo power fins, those openings are called "Channel Thrust systems" and basically they offer more power, more thrust, and requires even less effort to use. I personally think you made a good buy. :)

Can't be better than Lightning Jet Fins.

fins that are advertised as faster don't cause you to consume more air, because the whole point is faster with the same amount of effort.

That being said though, slow is usually the way to go.

I got fast fins (I guess) because I had ankle issues and they move me along with less pain. I love my Bios.

Try 'em. If you like your results, use them. If not, sell them to someone who does like them.

fins that are advertised as faster don't cause you to consume more air, because the whole point is faster with the same amount of effort.

thank you. Do you have any idea how many times I have wanted to say that?

Back
Top Bottom