can you get bent from OW pool sessions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My experience is that it is a function of the store. I've worked for a couple stores where they had to rely on renting a pool at a rate of $75-$100 per hour. These stores would push the class through 2 3hr pool sessions. And if the class was small, they would use only 1 3hr pool session.

you would not be concerned with nitrogen from the pool work

You know, the OP did not say which pool he was training in...

Poster-padi3.jpg

Very true, however odds are it will not be in that pool and secondly I doubt the instructor is going to take someone in OW training to the bottom of that pool. I know I may be wrong but I'll stick with my original answer.

... I know I may be wrong but I'll stick with my original answer.

Of course you are correct. My post was in jest.

Table 9‑9 Air Decompression Table, Page 9-65, in the US Navy Diving Manual indicates a 380 minute/6.3 hour dive at 30' requires a 1 minute stop at 20'. Anything shallower is no-decompression. Divers have made air saturation dives shallower than 30' for weeks and surfaced without stops or O2.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom