Can we get a purge valve on the data mask ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious, but why would you want a purge valve for your mask? Is there a reason you can't clear your mask without it?

Noted -

The post about learning to not exhale quite as much is an important point. I found myself having to do the same. One of the reports that we hear back from time to time is that for some people, the display is positioned such that they lose part of the bottom digits. Doing my best to limit my nasal exhalations to clearing and just enough to equalize has helped tremendously - and occasionally I reach up to push the mask onto my face a bit - and perfect.

Just curious, but why would you want a purge valve for your mask? Is there a reason you can't clear your mask without it?

I can clear any mask just fine, but I am lazy and tend to take advantage of anything that makes life easier.

Noted -

The post about learning to not exhale quite as much is an important point. I found myself having to do the same. One of the reports that we hear back from time to time is that for some people, the display is positioned such that they lose part of the bottom digits. Doing my best to limit my nasal exhalations to clearing and just enough to equalize has helped tremendously - and occasionally I reach up to push the mask onto my face a bit - and perfect.

I have to do that as well but I have a funny shaped head so I thought it was just me.

Sorry, it was scubadale's other thread that I'm referring to...

Sorry Doug, I will try to keep my comments on thread.

Dale

Noted -

Sorry, it was scubadale's other thread that I'm referring to...

Thanks Doug...

Are you saying a purge valve will block the diplay or that it may be a possible addition ?

I believe, Once you have become comfortable with a purge, it's pretty much an automatic response with a small amount of air through the nose to clear, instead of reaching for the mask.

Back
Top Bottom