Can we find that Korean Rocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSarus

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like the rocket and its supposedly payload fell into the Pacific Ocean or Sea of Japan. Korea claims the satellite made to orbit and is working, we claim it didn't and is at the bottom of the ocean; and that it was not a sattelite launch but a ballastic missle test.

Do we have the capability to get a GPS reading on were the third stage splashed down? We were tracking it.

Only way to prove this is to recover the rocket. No word on any search or recovery. Is this feasible somehow maybe via a submersible? It would answer the questions on what it was carrying.

Got us a nice James Bond Movie on the horizon.

It should be easy to recognize whether the thing made it into space and is circling the globe. Yet the North K's will claim to the world and their subjects that the launch was successful, no matter what is true.

The U.S. Navy has the capability to track, locate and recover the payload. Back in the early 90's a 747 taking off from Hawaii and heading to Japan lost a cargo door at altitude. The Navy tracked it to splashdown and recovered it from the bottom. With all the eyes the world had on that launch a rocket payload should be much easier.

What diffrence would recovering the rocket make, except to the CIA who might learn more about the state of N. Korean rocketry? As far as proving that it was a ballistic missle, or that the launch failed, no proof would suffice. They'd just claim that we recovered a different rocket or built a counterfeit.

On the other hand, maybe they did launch a satellite, and our own government doesn't want to admit it for their own reasons. The only thing anyone can know for sure is that somebody's lying.

I live only a few miles from one of the largest tracking systems in the world, a Navy Space Surveillance Station that uses a two mile long radio transceiver/receiver. It currently tracks just about any object in earth orbit larger that a half-inch diameter bolt. With this system's data, the velocity, track, size and orbital period of ANY object can be determined.

If the N. Korean payload reached orbit, we know it.

We can count the number of missing tiles on the space shuttle. I think we would know for sure exactly if it worked and what it is (if it made it to orbit)

Might be an interesting discussion ... but why is it in the Basic Scuba forum? Sounds like NDR to me ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Let the crew from Odyssey and the show "Treasure Quest" look for it....... They can find anything it seems. They have some pretty cool toys too!!

Might be an interesting discussion ... but why is it in the Basic Scuba forum? Sounds like NDR to me ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Perhaps not basic scuba, but the recovery of a submerged object is certainly dive-related, isn't it?

I apologize for posting it in Basic. What I'm going to do is shadow our recovery vessels; and when found, Im going to dive down on the rocket personnaly so we can bring the thread back to basic.:rofl3:

I think it very important we find the rocket because survival of manking is dependnet on nit having a nuclear war. If the Koreans are flat out lying we may need to stop them at some point.

We have 2 depressed promblem countries Iran and N Korea. Whose to say that quality of life in those countries is so poor that they don't want to committ national suicide and take half the world with them.

If we recover that rocket and there is no satellite in it, then we get the world opinion finally on our side maybe. And I say finally, because we've been unpopular lately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom