Can we be copycats?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon, here's a bit of info about a slightly similar activity that will be at Tyler State Park in June. I've attended the first two year's events and they were very successful, lots of fun and great prizes. This year they plan to expand the trash cleanup and treasure hunt by adding a "dive rodeo". What that is... remains to be seen, but I have no doubt that there may be some fun competition. Maybe we'll drag Timeliner back out to it this year. Twinkelz will be there, I'm sure. It's also where we met ScubaBum- we ended up diving together in Coz. Plus, it's a benefit for Scottish Rite hospital. Even if the other competition thing ends up happening, you should come to the Trashfest, it's a blast! http://www.scubastevesadventures.com/

Bummer that you won't be available- it's the kind of thing you're looking for, I think. Here's from the registration form, and before any of you start whining about the price, they spend many months and hours planning this charity event. There are great prizes, great organization, you get fed, you get to dive, you hang out with fun people, you get to camp out if you want (park fees, of course), and there's always fun parties going on in the park afterward. Also, it's for the Scottish Rite hospital for burned/crippled children and they also do a lot of work for dyslexic children. Works similar to St. Jude's- donations pay for the fees that insurance does not.
(EDIT- There is also an underwater Poker Run competition that day- 1 to 4 player teams, and I think $40 entry fee.)
TRASH FEST 2007 REGISTRATION
All entrants must participate in the Trash
Clean-up to be eligible for prizes.
Trash Dive & Treasure Hunt
Early Registration (February – March 31st )
$25.00 per diver
$10.00 per snorkeler
General Registration (April 1st – June 8th )
$35.00 per diver
$ 15.00 per snorkeler
Day of Event Registration
$45.00 per diver
$20.00 per snorkeler
Diver _______ Snorkeler ______
Trash Dive & Rodeo Events
Events $5.00 each or All for $30.00
Buoyancy Challenge____ Navigation for Time____ Rescue Challenge___
Navigation for Accuracy____ Snorkel Relay____ Swim Relay____
Marshmallow Race_____ Male/Female Race_____
5k Run/Walk______ $20.00
All Events Including Treasure Dive - $65.00______
Event T-Shirt included with minimum $20.00 registration thru May 12th
NO T-Shirts after May 12th
Name: ________________________________________________
Address: ______________________________________________
City: ___________________State____________Zip___________
Phone: _______________________________________________
Please Check: _______diver ____snorkeler _____ other
Diver Certification number: ____________
PADI NAUI SSI Other___________________
T-Shirt Size S M L XL XXL XXXL
Emergency contact: ____________________ Phone____________
RELEASE OF LIABILITY MUST BE COMPLETED AND
ATTACHED.
· Registration forms postmarked later than May 12, 2007
WILL NOT receive a t-shirt.
· The day of the event, you must check-in at the registration
table and present your certification card before proceeding to
your designated entry site.
· Make check payable to Scuba Steve’s Trash Fest 2007 and
mail completed forms with your check to:
Scuba Steve’s
Attn: Trash Fest
1741 TROUP HWY
TYLER TX 75701

Hey Foo ! Long time no see! This sounds like a lot of fun. It would be great if a bunch of us could get together again and do some diving/camping/after-partying! :)

Glad to hear that you like the idea....Of course I love the idea! I have worked very hard to make this the biggest event ever in the history of diving...Thank you Texas Dive Shops and Divers For supporting this event.... We have 9 Texas dive shops on board committed to bringing a team to the challenge.
It is interesting that in today's world everything aspect of life has the best of the best...but in our industry we have never recognized divers for mastering essential skills that maintain the safety of divers ;-) It will be a very unique vacation with an opportunity attached to share with the world our love for the sport.....
We have a filming crew on board......hopefully television will follow...
Pam

Back
Top Bottom