Can we be copycats?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon

Contributor
Reaction score
As most of you know, there will a dive challenge In Cozumel in July.

A few of us won't be able to go. (My 2007 trips are already booked and paid for.)

Here's a thought...What if we had a similar challenge here in Texas? Of course, OUR challenge probably wouldn't last an entire week. How about making a weekend out of it? Maybe even some camping?

We could have teams and competitions just like the event in Cozumel.

It would be a perfect opportunity to meet new people, practice skills and have some serious Swamper bragging rights!

Whacha think, Swampers?

What is the dive challenge in Cozumel, please? I must be out of the loop...

That sounds good to me. Its always good to get out and dive, camp out and meet new friends. Lets set a weekend enough in advance so more people can put it on there calenders.

We should do it more texan style, though. Best Spear Fishing target shooting from 15 feet, underwater glass bottle drinking contest, game fish IDing, lowest viz without freaking out, and of course, the beer drinking contest afterwards (volume, and crappiest beer). Oh, and of course, if you sleep in the next morning, your tent may collapse in on you. :D

Thanks for the link, Hemlon. Wow, interesting! I'm with Pville- how about "Underwater Duct Tape Repair" or "Underwater Square Dance Team"?

Hemlon:
:shakehead

Ruh-roh!!!

(skulking out of room...)

p.s... pssst! Hemlon! Sounds fun, you wanna plan it? hehe. I bet lots of people would participate if SOMEONE plans. lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom