Can this leaking drysuit be fixed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrscotch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I bought a used DUI CF200X that appeared to be in good condition with no visible holes or wear and tear. However, as soon as I tried it out in water the socks leaked badly. The wrist areas also fill up with water quickly, although the seals seem to fit me well and are in excellent condition. The previous owner was much too short for the suit, but bought it because he was a bodybuilder and it was the only non-custom suit wide enough for him. I think he may have damaged the sleeves of the drysuit while trying to pull them to get his hands through the seals. Or could it be a bad job on the wrist seal replacement? Can this suit be saved? Is it worth saving? I've had a lot of bad luck with fixer uppers in other areas of life and am thinking that it may make more sense to take the loss and buy a new suit.

thanks

Hard to say without looking at it. If I were you, I'd clamp off the seals, inflate it, and look for the leaks with a spray bottle of diluted detergent. Once you pinpoint the leaks, you will be able to better determine the scope of the problems. It could be something you could fix yourself with some aquaseal.

If the wrist seals were poorly installed, that's a relatively easy and fairly cheap fix.

Does the suit have socks, or TurboSoles? I've had very good luck fixing my TurboSoles with Aquaseal, once I found where the leaks were.

send it to DUI for a refirb? that is a $2k ds. couple hundred for seals & some more for whatever is wrong to be made factory right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom