Can someone explain the pros and cons to a AMATEUR!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charlie,

I used to shoot professionally years ago. 35mm, medium format, large format, you name it.

I went through the same agony that you're going through. 35 or digital???

Well, to make a long story short, I won a Fuji E-900 and Ikelite case.

It's WONDERFUL. No film processing costs and the post shoot correction is amazing!!!

This is basically a point and shoot camera, but the results are amazing!!!

I think it's hard to go wrong with anything that you can stick in an Ikelite housing.

Please understand that I'm still very, very new to this . . . so take it for what it's worth.

the K

Oh yea! Maybe I wasn't clear. I am going digital for sure. To be blunt, do I go with a high end Digital SLR (big investment) or a system like the Sea/Sea 8000?

More Deeper...It is practically a question of RAW or not RAW? And is going RAW worth the investment?

These smaller camera setups do not offer RAW, you need to go DSLR for that RAW feature.

Nevertheless, thanks for the FujiE900/Ikelite suggestion. Which is exactly the type of response I am looking for in this forum.

Charlie

Oh, the E-900 offers RAW. Also offers an optical and digital zoom, white balance etc.

Back
Top Bottom