Can only dive 2 cenotes HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you don't have an op picked out, I absolutely recommend Cenote Xperience in Playa. If you can get Martin as your guide, talk to him about what you want to see and let him make the call. It's kind of his job and he is one of the best dovers I have ever dove with.

CenoteXperience - Cavern, Cave and Ocean Diving in Playa del Carmen Yucatan Mexico - Home

Jay

Hi Jay, I in the same situation as the OP and going with 4 people to cenote dive Dos Ojos in a few weeks. We wanted to go with a dive shop that could ensure photos taken of the group for the memories (not the most important reason, but something we are considering). Does CenoteXperience or any other dive shop have this option or is it just "random" happenstance that the photographers are there to take pics - which we have to find and pay after?

Thanks!

They have not had a photographer with the trips I have done with them, but I have a small camera and take my own pics. I'm sure they would be happy to take a few pics for you with your camera, they may even have a shop camera. There are some large caverns that would be conducive for a group photo, but wanting pics in some of the smaller passages might not turn out so well.

My experience with them is that they would do anything possible, within reason, to make your dive trip memorable. They are absolutely one of the top three dive ops I've ever dove with. Shoot them an email and ask. With 5 divers in your group, I believe that will require two divemasters so maybe they can line one up that is an avid photographer too.

Good luck,
Jay

Hi Jay, I in the same situation as the OP and going with 4 people to cenote dive Dos Ojos in a few weeks. We wanted to go with a dive shop that could ensure photos taken of the group for the memories (not the most important reason, but something we are considering). Does CenoteXperience or any other dive shop have this option or is it just "random" happenstance that the photographers are there to take pics - which we have to find and pay after?

Thanks!

Call up Protec and ask if SJ can join the group to take photos. She's a great photographer and Protec is a fantastic shop.

With a group of 5 you'll need two DM's so it may be possible for her to be the second DM in the group.

When I dove Dos Ojos there was a professional photographer cruising around taking pics and selling them at the shop after. I think I paid $20-30 for a few pics as they turned out excellent. That might have been a chance encounter but it seemed like it was something he did on a regular basis.

Thanks!

Natalie Gibbs at Under the Jungle.

Back
Top Bottom