Can my AOWD PADI qualification expire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And your DAN insurance. Have a great trip.

Thanks for all the responses. They all make a lot of sense. I fully intend to start off with a good refresher course and a few easy dives. The trouble with doing that before I go is that I live in Ireland, and, although I learnt to dive here, I wouldn't call diving in Ireland particularly easy. The fact that I don't have a drysuit, that it will be winter here right up until I leave and that I am extremely slim and very much feel the cold - all make diving here that bit more difficult. So I think I'd rather get myself back into it gently in the warm surroundings of Thailand or Malaysia!

Thanks again,
John

Have a great trip..John

jphealy:
Thanks for all the responses. They all make a lot of sense. I fully intend to start off with a good refresher course and a few easy dives. The trouble with doing that before I go is that I live in Ireland, and, although I learnt to dive here, I wouldn't call diving in Ireland particularly easy. The fact that I don't have a drysuit, that it will be winter here right up until I leave and that I am extremely slim and very much feel the cold - all make diving here that bit more difficult. So I think I'd rather get myself back into it gently in the warm surroundings of Thailand or Malaysia!

Thanks again,
John

Most dive shops here in the states have attached pools or a relationship with a local pool. Not being an expert on Ireland, couldn't you take the refresher at the lds and then do a guided dive or two at your first destination during your vacation? If you had some problems identified during the refresher you could work on those in the pool prior to hitting the desireable diving spots.

Fuzzy

If you didn't learn the answer to that in OW class. Then you shouldn't have been certified to start.

People tend to forget things!
What were we talking about anyway?

1_T_Submariner:
Ummmm I second what the above said....A referesher and maybe a few easy dives to get back in the groove. Don't forget to have any equipment serviced and batteries replaced etc.... HAve a great trip.

That might be extrem important to have the equipment fully serviced to take out the ants and bugs which found a new home in it....

A thread over six years old comes back to life!

Back
Top Bottom