Can I used this SPG for anything?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheHuth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The last time I bought anything used, I swore off ever buying used again. Against my own advice I decided to try again today, buying an SPG to act as a backup to my Tank Pod. I got home and found that the hose is the older style with the smaller fitting, and does not fit the high pressure port on my first stage.

Is it possible to buy an adapter, or even replace the hose? If not, I'll probably toss it, and truly call it my last used purchase.

Yes to both questions, you can replace the hose or adapters are available for under $10.Consider this, ALL gear is used as soon as you use it for the first time.

The last time I bought anything used, I swore off ever buying used again. Against my own advice I decided to try again today, buying an SPG to act as a backup to my Tank Pod. I got home and found that the hose is the older style with the smaller fitting, and does not fit the high pressure port on my first stage.

Is it possible to buy an adapter, or even replace the hose? If not, I'll probably toss it, and truly call it my last used purchase.
I think this is what you want, if I understand your question correctly.
First-Stage-Regulator-Adapter-38M---716F or http://www.piranhadivemfg.com/item/First-Stage-Regulator-Adapter-716M---38F-1135 depending on what your question really is
However, replacing the entire hose is probably wiser...22-HP-Hose but you will need to decide on what length you need, and whether you want rubber or braided.

If your hose has 3/8" threads it isn't used it's vintage. Make sure the SPG has a service pressure high enough for the tank pressure you use. Even if the SPG is ok the hose may not be. I had a hose that worked fine on a 3000 psi tank blow up like a balloon when I put it on 3400 psi tank to test it. You should also put new O-rings on the spool if it is as old as I suspect.

It's not necessarily (but likely) old. You can still buy these as replacement parts.

It looks brand new, so that is possible. It has its UPC sticker on the back, and I would think that would be at least slightly scuffed up if its been used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom