Can I trim my vest armhole seams?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlwalke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a new hooded vest. The torso fits fine, but the arm holes seem sort of high. Specifically, the bottom edge of the arm hole is too much into my armpit. The edge is sewn and banded. I would like to trim this off to enlarge the hole. There aren't any problems with this are there? I don't want to ruin my new $80 vest, I just want it to fit better. Also, for what its worth, I'm thinking of trimming off the hood. I have a bibbed hood that I bought for winter kayaking. I cut the bib off that and wear it when I'm rolling in the winter. On my new hooded vest, I'm not too crazy about all the material that attaches the hood to the vest. As I'm not planning on diving in REALLY cold water, I'm thinking I would like to just wear the vest and, if I need it, my older bibless hood. Is this at all rational?

Thanks,
Dave

Back
Top Bottom