Can I test my spg without attaching it to a tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did a scan of the posts and didn’t see anyone mention to lub the orings, especially the ones on the SPG. I often don’t bother with hose o rings but the spool is dynamic and I always grease that well.

2GH8a2W.jpe

Do they deliver everything by limousine?

Something I see missing from this setup is a bolt snap to secure the SPG. Something to prevent it from hanging around i.e. by attaching it to a d-ring. Unless of couse the OP has another way of securing it...

Did a scan of the posts and didn’t see anyone mention to lub the orings, especially the ones on the SPG. I often don’t bother with hose o rings but the spool is dynamic and I always grease that well.

Quite right. However I was sure in the video I posted the "technician" lubed the seals. However, in the case of an SPG spool "the bigger the glob, the better the job" does indeed apply. I would also add that using the gauge as a holding tool makes installing those PIA o-rings much easier. Insert one end into the gauge-install the lubricated o-ring and a heavy amount of lube on the stem. Reverse the stem and repeat.

Something I see missing from this setup is a bolt snap to secure the SPG. Something to prevent it from hanging around i.e. by attaching it to a d-ring. Unless of couse the OP has another way of securing it...

At the moment I don't. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to keep everything well connected on my backplate harness (such as lights, reel, line cutter, spg, etc.)

At the moment I don't. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to keep everything well connected on my backplate harness (such as lights, reel, line cutter, spg, etc.)

I forgot you are using a BPW. In that case the standard is a bolt snap attached to the SPG. You then attach the bolt snap on your left hip d-ring. Here is how to attach the bolt snap to the SPG in the "proper way" : (look after 15:20 or so).

I forgot you are using a BPW. In that case the standard is a bolt snap attached to the SPG. You then attach the bolt snap on your left hip d-ring. Here is how to attach the bolt snap to the SPG in the "proper way" : (look after 15:20 or so).

Thank you for your help

are you suggesting some people lube the orings on the second stage hoses ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom