Can I replace the latex neck seal on my Aqualung Fusion One drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone including a dive buddy is recommending DRIS so I will call them Monday and send it to them. Thanks everyone!

DRIS is actually my LDS. They do great work.

This model suit can't have a SLT system installed because the back zipper is too close to the neck seal, per the shop I bought it from. I once replaced a neck seal on an old DUI CF200 crushed neoprene dry suit and it was no fun either.

This model suit can't have a SLT system installed because the back zipper is too close to the neck seal, per the shop I bought it from. I once replaced a neck seal on an old DUI CF200 crushed neoprene dry suit and it was no fun either.
Yep--

When the SLT was on option on the Fusion Sport/Tech/Bullet suits, that is the response I got from Aqualung regarding installation on the Fusion One, and therefore what I would pass along to my customers. But I have asked that very same question of DRIS in the past and they said they could, except perhaps not on smaller sizes. That's why I say it may affect a manufacturer warranty, since Aqualung's stance is that it would be an aftermarket modification.

Still it doesn't hurt to ask, and I am confident that by now they either have multiple successful past installations to go by, or a couple of resounding failures that they have learned from. Either way I am sure that it no longer a theoretical. And I think they have a more flexible version of the SiTech neck ring than the older one Aqualung has been installing, (barring any recent change) so that might also make a difference. That is the one they added to my original Bullet that only came with the SLT cuffs.

The SITech Quick Neck is the newer, more flexible neck ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom