Can I replace the latex neck seal on my Aqualung Fusion One drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stilldivin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My 1.5 year old drysuit had a major failure. The neck seal split down to the edge of the seam on both sides. Not much room to glue unless I glue over the sewn seam too. Any ideas? the lady at Otter Bay in Monterey will not fix it. Monterey Bay Diving may be able to but must see it first. A shop in Santa Clara will send it to Whites and they will replace it for a big sum.

Attachments

• DSC00329.JPG
    DSC00329.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC00330.JPG
    DSC00330.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC00331.JPG
    DSC00331.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC00332.JPG
    DSC00332.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 154
I don't think you will be able to fix it yourself. You will need to outsource it. The Fusion One came at a great price, but the reason I didn't select it was for this very reason. I want seals that I can replace myself on the fly and the other reason: I want a drysuit that I can get into and out of myself- Also not possible with the Fusion One. Thus my reason for going with the Fusion Sport years ago with with the Si Tech replaceable seal system. Best of luck!

Bet DRIS will fix it less expensive than sending it all the way to the Great White North.

Send an email to Diverightinscuba.com....they should have a few options for you.

If the existing seam tape is well adhered I would just glue it directly over that and add another strip of seam tape to finish. If you don't want to do it yourself DRIS would be a good option.

I’d send it to either DRIS or Steve Gamble (now working out of D3 Diving). I’ve had suits repaired from both locations and can recommend them both. DRIS would probably win out because they are probably closer to ship to.

I know DUI will work on other suits so they might be quicker for you as they are in San Diego.

Everyone including a dive buddy is recommending DRIS so I will call them Monday and send it to them. Thanks everyone!

Yeah, check with DRIS. They are actually an authorized service center for Fusion suits, just under another company name. And in case whoever answers doesn't think to offer, ask them about installing the SiTech SLT system instead of replacing the latex. Not sure if that affects any Aqualung warranty status or not, but you have probably had the suit long enough now that it doesn't matter.

And I did replace a latex seal on an old Whites (not Fusion) suit of mine, just once, mainly for practice. That was enough to convince me that I would rather send latex seals out than do them myself if anything comes in down the road. Life is too short...

And if you are really a DIY type, you can always buy an SLT system and install it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom