Can I replace attached boots on neoprene drysuit? And where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mweitz:
dannobee, I think that is the same person that Adobo references. I doubt that there are very many "James" in Hayward that do Mobby's repairs.

In any case, when I got my P-Valve I had him install it since I wanted a "professional" job. He got glue all over my suit leg and replied that it would just wash off. It doesn't say much about your work ethic when you are the professional and your work doesn't look as nice as the DIY jobs.

Adobo, Mobby's suits come with rubber boots, not neoprene. Don't you have one with rubber boots?

Mark

Mark,

That's him.

All the boots that I have seen on dry suits (Mobby's and DC) are neoprene in the inside with vulcanized rubber on the outside. Does that make them rubber or neoprene? Not sure. The only feet coverings I have seen that are all neoprene are the neoprene socks that come with suits like DUI.

As the guy doing all the Mobby's work, I suspect the guy has done a fair amount of boot swaps. Working over there at Captain Aqua's, he's had to get "familiar" with DC and DUI. So at the very least, I think he knows how to swap boots or socks.

I dunno anybody else who works on drysuits in the area outside of Otter Bay. I have no experience with them though (other than the hood I bought from them).

Thanks for the suggestions y'all.

I was just being lazy, but i guess i'll call around.

BTW, its soft neoprene.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom