Can I get bent in a pool? Terrible pain in my joints.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that doesnt sound good at all, either way here is my input:

first off: every person is different and not everyone is reacting the same way so comparing what one person did with another works most of the time its not an accurate way of comparing things.

dive tables are good but can be different for people with different medical issues/compositions

as for the blood tests: one week is one heck of a time!!! when i worked medical we would have them within 2 days max when send out or within hours if brought to the local hospital lab

did you change your fluid intake over the last couple of days/weeks? started a new medication, changed work area or exposures at work?

good luck!

D_B:
I would think for the level of O2 ... "My tank was nitrox 36%."

It's not going to help with a diagnosis, I think was the point.

If it helps satisfying his curiosity, thats sort of the important part tho?
I know I sure as heck cant sleep if im too curious about something :p

Have you recently been bitten by anything, no matter how insignificant it may have seemed?

Edit: OMG, I am sure someone already answered this - I didn't show at first there were already four pages on this. sorry

Did the doc order a culture and sensitivity test for the blood? might be the reason the results are taking a week.

Randolphscott:

or Herpes........well, some kind of a virus, anyway........

Tigerman:
Thats straight up a load of BS :no

Harley, I hope you get the medical attention you need and a doctor that takes this matter serious. Get well soon

In countries with socialized medicine, there is a single buyer (government). Spending is less than the US for the following reasons:
1) The gov't refuses to provide as many expensive procedures as they do in the US
2) There is a single buyer, the gov't is able to force sellers to lower prices (no free market)
3) The US pays more for pharmaceuticals, and thus pays for drug research. The rest of the world mooches off us and benefits from our drug research but doesn't pay for it, because they pay less for their drugs (because the drugs are still sold above the marginal cost for drug production, BUT if the US didn't pay higher costs to fund the research, said drugs wouldn't exist)

In the US, patients are provided a lot of expensive procedures for relatively minor problems. In countries with socialized medicine, this is not the case (for example, expensive imaging studies like CT and MRI). Hope that helps explain what I was trying to get at!

Back
Top Bottom