Can I fly with two empty Scuba cylinders to get them down to Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.. how I can get two of my 80 alum cylinders from NY down to Florida.
Alot of people post a "Tank Mule" post in their local social media section for your local NY people who are driving down for spring break. Since it's not time sensitive you could leave the valves on, full of air and they just toss them in their vehicle. Then make arrangements with a full time condo owner next to yours to meetup the mule and accept them. And just store them in a closet until you arrive.

Might be easier and cheaper to buy 2 used ones when you get here. They sell cheap here because most of us who live here dive steel. You could even sell the 2 you are going to transport and use that money to buy the set here problem solved. BTW which coast of Fl I am guessing east coast?

I have 2 sitting in the garage hydro as of 12/2019 fresh vis valves replaced at the last hydro (yoke only) full with 32% I would probably be willing to part with for say $300 for the pair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom